Tranquility or town life on doorstep.
This detached barn conversion, situated in the idyllic semi-rural location of Higher Bartle, near Preston, is conveniently located for local amenities, schools and main motorway connections, being five minutes to nowhere and five minutes to everywhere.
The house, which has floor space of approximately 4,400 square feet, briefly comprises; entrance hallway, downstairs cloakroom, workshop, double garage, main entrance reception, dining room, kitchen diner, utility room, study, snug, lounge, master bedroom with en suite and dressing area, five further bedrooms and two family bathrooms.
Although the property is so spacious, gas, electricity and log burner running costs averaged just £153 per month over the last 12 months.
Outside there is a double garage, extensive lawned garden to the rear and sides with mature trees and shrubs, flagged patio, and private gated block paved driveway.
The property has stunning views over the local countryside. Character features include exposed beams, panelled radiators, solid oak flooring, slate hearths and wood burning stoves.
The kitchen diner includes a five ring gas range cooker, fridge and freezer and integrated dishwasher.
In the study are fitted bookcases and space for a large desk. A traditional brick fireplace with stone hearth, wooden mantle and inset log burner is the focus of the lounge.
The master bedroom with 12ft high ceiling has a dressing area with fitted furniture and the en suite has a shower and a bath.
• LOCATION: Brooklea Barn, Tabley Lane, Higher Bartle
• LAYOUT: Six bedroom detached barn conversion
• MAIN ROOM SIZES: Entrance hall 28ft 6in x 24ft 1in, dining room 25ft 4in x 10ft 4in, kitchen diner 25ft 7in x 17ft 4in, study 14ft 3in x 9ft 10in, snug 14ft 3in x 9ft 9in, lounge 26ft 6in x 19ft 11in, bedrooms 20ft 1in x 15ft 6in plus dressing room and en suite, 14ft 4in x 9ft 10in, 15ft 1in x 11ft 6in, 16ft 10in x 10ft 10in, 16ft 9in x 12ft 1in, 12ft 10in x 10ft 4in.
• OUTSTANDING FEATURES: Spacious and full of character
• AGENT: Dewhurst Homes, 347 Garstang Road, Fulwood. Tel: 01772 788811
• PRICE: £645pcm