Grapes have been taken off the menu at Pizza Hut restaurants nationwide following the tragic death of Hartlepool toddler Jacob Jenkins.
The two-year-old died on Wednesday, five days after choking on a grape at the town’s branch of the pizza chain.
A Pizza Hut spokesperson said: “As a mark of respect, and in light of the tragic death of Jacob Jenkins, we have removed grapes from our menu with immediate effect.
“The well-being of our guests is always our number one priority, and our hearts go out to his family.”
What to do if the child is unconscious
If the child is unconscious put them on a firm, flat surface and shout for help.
Call 999 and put the phone on loudspeaker so your hands are free.
Again don’t leave the child at any stage.
Start cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
The 999 operator will give you details of how to give CPR to a child.
Our hearts go out to his familyPizza Hut spokesman